Know Your Workers’ Compensation Facts
Have you been injured on the job? We get you compensated and help you every step of the way!
We ensure that every client receives the maximum amount of compensation they deserve, while being given above average legal representation. Our team will be with you every step of the way through the process of understanding, preparing, and going to court for your compensation case. The entire process of obtaining compensation can be tedious and tiring, but that is why we are here, to handle it all for you.
What is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ Compensation is an insurance program instituted by the State Governments to protect workers who have been involved in an accident at work or sustained an injury on the job. This ‘no-fault’ form of insurance is obtained by filing a Workers’ Compensation Insurance Claim and will provide wage replacement and medical benefits to employees who qualify. A few important facts you should know about New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Law:
- Behind Pennsylvania, New Jersey is known to be one of the fairest states within the Workers’ Compensation system. New Jersey has set up certain guidelines that are to be abided by so that any person who has been injured in the workplace can obtain lost wage benefits and benefits that cover your medical expenses for the injury incurred on the job.
- Workers’ compensation is mandatory by law for most employers to have. Failure of not having this coverage in place may result in criminal prosecution charges by the commonwealth and employee issued lawsuits.
- Previous physical conditions that have been proven to have gotten worse due employment are fully covered.
- Discrimination Complaints are not tolerated. An employer is not allowed to discriminate against or dismiss an employee if they made a claim or testified about a workers’ compensation matter.
- Death benefits are given to those who were dependent on a someone that has died due to an occurrence at their place of work.
- If you have been injured on the job or suffered job-related illness, you may be entitled to a range of benefits and compensation under New Jersey State Law. It is critical to know your rights and make sure you receive the benefits to which you are entitled – covering all medical care and lost wages you suffer because of your injury or illness.
What are Workplace Injuries?
Accidental injuries in the workplace may range from minor accidents that you can recover from in a few short weeks, to catastrophic trauma that may have devastating effects on the quality of your daily life.
In New Jersey, workers’ compensation has been deemed as a “no-fault” program that helps those injured get the funds they need to take care of any workplace or job-related injury or illness they have fallen victim to. Most people think it was their fault they got injured at work, so they do not try to file a claim or talk to anyone that has authority in the field, which is untrue and the opposite of what one has to do after they are hurt.
No matter where you fall within this spectrum, the workers’ compensation experts at Goldberg & Wolf can help you determine the best course of action to safeguard your rights and represent you through the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Claims process, ensuring you get the payment and medical benefits to which you are legally permitted.
Preparing a Workers’ Compensation Insurance Claim
For a claim to be most effective, it must be filed as soon as the accident happens to your employer. Giving notice to those who technically is in charge of you gives proof that if they do not take the proper steps as employers in the process of workers’ compensation, they can be involved in negligence. The steps of a claim are as followed:
- Tell your employer as soon as the injury has taken place. This gives them time to get in contact with their insurance company to make sure they are just as protected as you will be under our care. They have 21 days after notifying them to decide if they will be making the payments towards your compensation or denying your claim.
- Get the medical attention you need. Even though it is important to have all types of documentation of your injury as soon as possible, your health comes first. Go to the hospital, get your diagnosis, and the treatment that you need, so you know what type of injury to report to your employer, your representation, and your loved ones. It is vital that you are very descriptive and specific about all possible details of how your injury happened, what part of the body is injured, and how you feel about your physical ability to complete certain tasks, etc.
- Check the status of your claim. This is vital because insurance companies might not be giving your case the attention it requires for your process to get moving, elongating the amount of time it will take for you to get your compensation.
- Find representation. You need to have people behind you who knows the ins and outs of the workers’ compensation system. This is to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation you deserve so you are not left with any unpaid bills or debt. In case of a dispute over the amount of money you were awarded, or if your claim was denied, you would need legal representation to appeal your case and go to trial.
- Appeal your case if there is any dispute/denial regarding it. If you do have to file an appeal there are two essential things to remember:
- Talk to your representation before filing your claim. They have the knowledge required to help your appeal case win.
- Do not to talk to your employer without any legal representation. Your employer might talk you into agreeing to a settlement, which usually results in lower compensation that a lawyer could get you if you took the appeal to the court.
How Does Goldberg & Wolf Help with Workers’ Compensation Claims in New Jersey?
At the Cherry Hill, NJ, Law Offices of Goldberg & Wolf, our workers’ compensation lawyers have the skills to help injured workers pay their bills. Our experience in handling workers’ compensation cases for clients across different professions:
- You could be a school teacher working in one of the local elementary schools and are suffering from neck/ back injuries from repetitive actions.
- You could be a nurse or doctor working at Hackensack University Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, or Cape Regional Medical Center. Even though hospitals are where injuries get taken care of, they can also happen. Nurses and doctors are more prone to:
- Injuries that have resulted from heavy lifting
- Slipping, tripping and falling
- Stress from the long, demanding hours these occupations require
- You could be a pharmacist at the local CVS and obtain an illness from the toxic chemical exposure in your workplace.
- You could be a construction worker who works on one of the bridges that connect New Jersey to Pennsylvania and have sustained a falling accident or heavy lifting injury.
We are New Jersey’s top choice for legal representation of workers’ compensation cases. New Jersey is a dedicated, hard-working state, and we are even more dedicated to getting you the compensation that you deserve.
Contact Goldberg & Wolf for a Free Workers’ Compensation Claim Consultation
The work injury lawyers at Goldberg & Wolf, in Cherry Hill, NJ, have compassion for your plight and real courtroom litigation experience needed to tell your story to the jury and win your workers’ comp case. We want to hear your case and get you the compensation to which you are entitled. Our lawyers take the time to get to know your story, family and needs so that we can help the jury fully comprehend what happened to you and how your life has been affected by your work-related injury. If you need more information or would just like to speak to someone, contact us today at (856) 651-1600 for a free consultation!
Have You Suffered a Neck Injury at your job or workplace? Neck pain is very common in many workplaces. Any … (read more)
Have You Suffered a Back Injury at your job or workplace? Back pain is very common in the workplace. Any … (read more)
Have You Suffered a Knee Injury at your job or workplace? Knee injuries are not limited to athletes. Knee pains … (read more)
New Jersey’s Workplace Hand Injury Lawyer Have You Suffered a Hand Injury at your job or workplace? Hand, wrist and … (read more)
What if I have a pre-existing condition? Can I still receive benefits? The law in New Jersey is clear, that an employer… (read more)
Chris P. Reviews Goldberg & Wolf, LLC
New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Using Goldberg & Wolf to represent me for my workers’ compensation case was one of the best decisions I have made! I would tell anyone to use them if they are in need of any legal representation, there is simply no one better out there! Thanks guys!